Endure...

Endure...
"There are people who have no bodies, only heads. And many athletes have no heads, only bodies. A champion is a man who has trained his body and his mind, who has learned to conquer pain for his own purposes. A great athlete is at peace with himself and at peace with the world..."

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2005 St. George Marathon-Pneumonia Anyone?

I ran the 2005 St. George Marathon...and was in the Instacare 48 hours later. We arrived at the hotel the night before the race and that's when it all began. I felt achy, flu-like, and just crappy. Wayne and I convinced each other that I was just nervous and I would be ok after a good night's sleep. I crossed the finish line an hour later than planned. My family was in a panic, thinking that I might have been one of the 60+ runners taken off the course for heat exhaustion. I pushed through it all and ended up with a bad case of pneumonia in my left lung! The Dr. was amazed that I had just finished a marathon 48 hours before he treated me. The two weeks in bed was pretty miserable, but very much worth it!

Listen to the Music!